March was a surprisingly productive reading month! I was able to finish three books while still making progress on my dissertation. I think prioritizing for fun reading at night before bed and taking the weekends off to read really helped.
The three books I finished in March are:
- The Splendid and The Vile by Erik Larson
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
I’m still making progress on the other books I’ve been reading since February. My current reads are:
- Time’s Convert by Deborah Harkness
- Minor Feelings by Cathy Park Hong
- The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone
- White Evangelical Racism by Anthea Butler
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
And a few others connected to finding jobs outside the academy.
I am 25% of the way through my 2021 reading challenge! How is your reading challenge going?